Sunday, March 3, 2019

Latest Round-up of Funny Fisherisms


  • Out to eat at Olive Garden one night where she proceeds to order her usual chicken fingers and fries, Maggie makes the remark, "What makes me happy right now is there are no healthy things on my plate!" 
  • Chris asks Maggie, "Do you know what a pedicure is?" She promptly replies, "Yeah, it's when you have a cat and it has a bad day and you give it a massage." 
  • Riley on the way to meet up with Grandmama and Papa for an overnight stay excitedly makes the observation, "Walgreens is the ULTIMATE meet-up spot!" 
  • Maggie was given a Secret Journal for Christmas this year. She began writing in it pretty soon after getting it. Chapter 3 is titled "My Doofy Dad!" I think it's going to be a best-seller!
  • Maggie has taken to going to bed with a cup of ice to chomp on. When I asked her why she needed it, she reasoned, "The ice can untie the knots in my stomach from spinning around the blood vessels."
  • Riley proudly reported to us one day, "I had to tell Maggie what a barbarian was. Someone from Barbados."
  • When Maggie's first grade Spanish Immersion teacher asked her what her favorite gift from Christmas was, she said without any hesitation, "Bandaids!" I think next year I'll save myself some time and money and just do shopping at the drugstore. :) 
  • Maggie has an aversion to pants with any type of wide-leg. She claims that anything besides leggings and tights are too "poofy" and she simply can't wear them!
  • Riley has become quite the adventurous eater in our family and was eating pho for the first time at Viet Thai a month or so ago. He let us know how much he loved it by saying, "This is amazing. It feels like I'm blasting to the moon and back!" That same night, I have to take Maggie to the restroom. She takes one look around and says, "This feels like an old time bathroom." 
  • During the month of February, we put out some decorations and Maggie found a bag of red and pink foam heart cut-outs. She created a game called "Heart and Go Seek" where we had to find the hearts hidden around the house. 
  • Riley was telling us about his day one night around the dinner table. He made the comment, "I saw (name of kid who is known to get into trouble frequently) at the bus line today, so I kept a 'low profile.'" Where does he get this stuff? :) 
  • This weekend while driving to our Mother Son event at school, I asked Riley when he thought would be a good age for him to actually start dating. He thought about it for a second and then confidently said, "Not til I'm at least 20." Sounds good, son! Sounds good! 
  • Last night as we were answering some of the conversation starter cards, we got the question: "What is one superpower you'd like to have?" Maggie mentioned that she'd like to fly and Chris agreed with her. Riley, however stated he'd rather have "telekinesis" powers so he could get his chores and homework done while he lays on the couch. After hearing that one, I had to agree that I too, would like this special power!
  • We used a coupon during our Progressive Restaurant Dinner last night and Maggie remembered me telling her about wanting to use it soon. She said, "Oh yeah, we have to go there because the coupon is about to 'expand'." :) 
Oh these kids are constantly cracking me up! I love these moments that make us smile and then reliving them again when I record them to read in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment