gotta get a better camera or a better photographer! Hmm..that would be me! Oh well, here's a somewhat blurry picture of Riley in the fire truck. Maggie got a chance to sit up there too, but the batteries died in my camera before I could snap the shot.
And finally, here is this month's compilation of humorous sayings:
- Maggie and Riley both love to have their gummy vitamins each day. However, Maggie is on the verge of being obsessed with them! She literally will ask 15 times a day (no joke) if she can have another vitamin. She phrases it like this, "Mom, I had a vitamin this week?" (which really means, have I already had a vitamin today, and if so, don't you want to give me another one!)
- We recently had an infestation of flies in our house I am ashamed to admit. Somehow, we started with one or two and I think we didn't kill them before they multiplied. So one day, I went on a mad fly swatting spree. And Riley would say, "Mom, you smashed out their gutters." I think he meant guts! :) Later on, we saw another fly and Riley made the comment, "That fly is really bugging me out!"
- While playing baseball in the front yard, Riley hit the ball really far and remarked, "I'm a slug!" Again, he was really close with his words, but I'm pretty sure he meant to say he's a slugger!
- Maggie has cute little slip-ups as well. She likes trying on Riley's shin guards that he has for soccer and says, "I need that shin garden."
- One of Maggie's most endearing phrases lately has been that she will come up to us 3 or 4 times a day and say, "I gotta tell you a secret--(then she'll whisper in your ear somewhat quietly)--I love you forever and ever."
- Riley really surprised his teachers the other day when they were doing Calendar Time and his teacher asked them to describe the current weather conditions. The kids said it was cloudy and Riley clarified with a new word that his dad had recently taught him and said, "Those are ominous clouds." A kid in Riley's class didn't think that was a real word and Riley set him straight by saying, "Yes it is, it means dark and scary."
- We love hearing the kids pray! Maggie's prayer the other day went like this: "Dear God, Thank you for the blessings you made. Thank you for the supper you made. And Amen!"
- Riley and Daddy have been watching a lot of football together on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Riley is learning all about penalties, tackles, offensive, and defense. And he's even learning some of the team names...well, kind of anyway! He likes the Baltimore Raisins (Ravens), but the Sir Purr team is by far his favorite NFL team (Carolina Panthers).
- Riley saw a candy corn the other day and said, "Look, it's a Candy Crush Mountain." This might have been because his mom was playing that game a little too frequently there for awhile!
- Chris was telling Riley how people sometimes call him Fish as a nickname and Riley decided that he now wants to be called Fish Junior by his friends!